ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Campus Director and working closely with the SAE Australasia Dean, the Academic Manager is responsible for the quality assurance of the SAE Auckland tertiary qualifications. This leadership position includes mentoring academic staff to become dynamic and innovative tertiary teachers, undertaking administrative tasks to ensure all qualifications and delivery comply with institutional and regulatory requirements, engaging in programme development to ensure SAE is at the forefront of creative media education and maintaining stakeholder relationships with regulators, other tertiary institutions and industry to uphold and enhance SAE Auckland’s quality reputation.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- Hold a thorough understanding of the New Zealand tertiary environment, including all agencies and stakeholders that form the sector
- Have particular knowledge of NZQA regulations as they pertain to PTEs operating within the tertiary education sector
- Offer leadership about the latest developments and perspectives on education and in particular have some experience of project-based learning
- Have experience in programme development and design
- Have an understanding of how the Treaty of Waitangi impacts on tertiary teaching and learning
- Have an understanding of research by creative practice and be able to supervise undergraduate research
- Hold at least a Masters and ideally a PhD in a creative media discipline such as audio, music or screen production
- Have some industry experience within a creative media discipline and enjoy strong networks and a positive reputation within the industry
- Be able to contribute to the teaching on campus, and in particular within the Bachelor of Audio Production, Bachelor of Music Production and/or Bachelor of Screen Production
What we can offer you:
- Work in Parnell village, just a short walk from Auckland’s CBD
- Creative, modern, world-class facilities
- A truly global organisation on the forefront of creative media education
- Category 1 provider with the highest possible NZQA rating in our most recent EER
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
Established in 1976, SAE Creative Media Institute provides niche creative media programmes to about 10,000 students at more than 50 campuses around the world.
SAE is recognised for providing students with access to the best industry equipment and facilities, employing teaching staff with strong industry experience and delivering hands on teaching and learning in small class environments. SAE Institute engages with industry to develop curriculum that is relevant to local and global workforce needs. Work integrated learning is embedded in SAE qualification to ensure work ready graduates.
Globally, SAE offers an extensive suite of creative media qualifications, from short courses and professional training through to bachelor and postgraduate degrees.
The SAE Auckland campus offers Diplomas and Degrees in Audio Production, Music Production and Screen Production. SAE Auckland is accredited as an NZQA Degree-granting institution. In our most recent NZQA External Evaluation and Review (EER) SAE Auckland was awarded a Category 1 rating.