Submissions are open for the second round of the Doc Edge and Rei Foundation Film Fund.
Doc Edge and Rei Foundation seek to support the making of short documentaries (up to 40 minutes) for youth aged 11 to 17 years.
Up to $NZD 80,000 NZD (approx. $USD 50,000) is available to support the production of up to four short documentaries over the next year. Depending on the merits or the needs of the projects, some could receive less or more than $NZD 20,000 ($USD 13,000). The funds will be distributed as progress payments based on milestones stipulated by Doc Edge.
What we are looking for?
• Cinematic high-quality films to compete on the world’s stage
• Creative, artful, compelling and innovative storytelling techniques
• Strong story narrative at the core of the film
• A unique perspective or approach; use of humour a plus contemporary relevance
• Feasibility of the project with respect to its budget, financing, schedule and scope
• Demonstrated ability of the creative team to have implemented previous projects
• Emphasis on the story not the lesson or agenda of the filmmaker
Applications are open until 4pm Monday 31 August 2020 (New Zealand time). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Selected projects will be advised by 15 September 2020.
How to apply
For more details and to make your submission, click on the relevant button below.
New Zealand Submission