PR Account Manager
You know the sound that a 1920s automobile makes to get someone’s attention? That’s Aruga – we turn heads.
Igniting that spark between audience and brand is at the heart of Aruga – creatively-grounded PR that grabs attention like a box of glazed donuts.
Aruga launched in Australia in June 2017 with Taco Bell as its foundation client, quickly established itself as one of the country’s most dynamic consumer communications agencies and in 2019 was named B&T’s PR Agency of the Year.
July 2020 saw the launch of Aruga NZ, helmed by esteemed PR practitioner Susie Thomson as Group Account Director.
We’ve concocted age-defying lamingtons, dressed zucchinis in bikinis, travelled with drag queens, danced with human disco balls, and signed more death waivers than we care to think about.
Sound like your kind of jam? This brand new role presents an exciting opportunity for a PR gun to carve out their career in a buzzing agency environment where creativity reigns supreme.
We are seeking a public relations professional who lives and breathes media relations and developing communications strategies that work. On any given day, you may be required to interview key talent, write a media release, pitch a news story, facilitate a media call, lead a client meeting or build a communications strategy. We treat every project as unique, and as such, deliverables will vary depending on individual client needs and goals.
We’ll swipe right for:
- 4+ years’ experience developing and implementing strategic public relations campaigns
- Strong media contacts and knowledge of the New Zealand media landscape
- Significant experience managing a diverse client portfolio across different industries
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to develop and foster strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- The ability to laugh when things get curly
- Agency experience
- Tourism, arts, hospitality and lifestyle marketing and publicity experience and a demonstrable passion for all things creative
- Social media know-how
- Relevant qualification/s
Finding ‘Our People’
If you’re like us, you value genuine human connection and compassion and have a glorious spirit of adventure. You enjoy autonomy, but you’ll take time to understand and invest in the common goal. You always look for the best solution, not the quickest fix. You don’t look to be the best in the team, but instead the best for the team.
What we offer:
- The enviable opportunity to join a fresh agency experiencing a meteoric rise
- A relaxed, spacious workplace within a buzzing creative hub in Auckland CBD (plus a killer coffee shop downstairs!)
- Flexible working conditions
- Recognition, reward and career progression
- Perks galore
- An office dog (she’s literally GM)
Salary: Salary package negotiable based on experience.
Apply Now: Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 14 August 2020.
Additional Info: Find out more about us at www.aruga.co.nz or via Facebook and Instagram