MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, stimulating environment for its visitors. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences and our vision is to educate and inspire the innovators of tomorrow.
We are looking for a Communications Coordinator who is a great all-rounder, who can wear their creative hat to write great copy for use across multiple channels, assist in planning and coordinating communication campaigns and assist with general administration. You will work with t the Senior Communications Advisor to build the profile and reputation of the Museum through proactive public relations and media management. This is a diverse, fun role, ideal for a communications or PR professional or graduate with a few years’ experience looking to grow their career.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Senior Communications Advisor to identify, plan and execute public relations opportunities, maximising brand awareness and the promotion of MOTAT.
- Assisting with writing, editing, and distributing communications material, including press releases and media updates along with developing and maintaining relationships with key media and influencers.
- Writing and uploading content for our the regular MOTAT Mates loyalty programme eDMs.
- Assisting the Partnership and Fundraising Advisor with development of compelling fundraising and grant application copy
- Assisting with consistent and timely updating of MOTAT’s Twitter including drafting appropriate answers to questions, sourcing images and video clips, crafting engaging copy.
- Coordinating the Museum’s internal communications programme.
To be successful in this role you will have strong collaboration and coordinating skills as you will be a key point of contact between other teams in the Museum. Highly organised with proven administration, written and verbal skills, along with experience in online content development. You will have a relevant qualification with 2- 3 years communications, public relations or similar relevant experience.
This is a full-time, Monday to Friday role (and occasionally an evening or weekend) and you must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply.
MOTAT is a great place to work, where no two days are ever the same. Along with joining a team of passionate and skilled people, you will also get the benefit of flexible working hours, birthday leave, additional KiwiSaver contributions and a range of other employee benefits and work work/life balance initiatives.