Chief Executive Officer
WORK WITH US
Ku Arts seeks Expressions of Interest from individuals with leadership aspirations in the Arts and Cultural sector who wish to be considered for the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with our organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to connect with us through this EOI process.
Ku Arts (Aṉanguku Arts and Cultural Aboriginal Corporation) is the South Australian peak body for Aboriginal art centres and artists. For more than twenty years we have provided advocacy, support services, creative skills and professional development opportunities for artists and arts workers across all stages of their careers, in support of a strong and vibrant Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander visual arts sector.
Ku Arts works with member Aboriginal owned and governed art centres in the APY Lands and Ceduna, as well as delivering a strategic program of workshops and professional development opportunities for Aboriginal artists and cultural practitioners in communities across the state of South Australia through our Statewide Indigenous Community Arts Development (SICAD) Program. For more information visit: www.kuarts.com.au/whatwedo
Ku Arts is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for the role of CEO from passionate, driven individuals with ambition to advocate for and support the aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art centres and artists in South Australia.
The CEO works closely with our board of directors and team of staff to lead the delivery of programs and services to artists and art centres across SA. It is an exciting time to take on this key leadership role with Ku Arts, with our organisation having a clear strategic direction, secure operational funding for 2021-2024 and a new office hub in Tarntanyangga (Adelaide CBD). The CEO will build on the vision of our directors and membership and bring fresh leadership to our organisation, steering it into the future.
We seek expressions of interest from individuals with strong management experience who are passionate about advocacy and support for our membership of Aboriginal artists and art centres across South Australia.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High level strategic thinking
- Leadership skills, honed in complex environments
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building with individuals, communities and governments
- Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong influencing and diplomacy skills
- Sound financial literacy
- Knowledge and understanding of the Arts sector
In addition to your skills and experience, in leadership you will demonstrate:
- An openness to learning
- Deep listening to diverse voices
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Collaborative focus and a team player
- Passion for the holistic outcomes that art provides for cultural connection, social and economic benefit, health and wellbeing
- Celebrate and give status to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and cultural practitioners
- Commitment to self-determination for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities
Your values and principles will also align with those of our organisation.
For full EOI document please visit www.kuarts.com.au/jobs