Australian Dance Theatre (ADT) is seeking a full time Production Manager to join the company in 2020. ADT is a highly regarded and iconic contemporary dance company which presents major productions in our hometown of Adelaide, nationally and internationally on a regular basis. The Production Manager will be a highly experienced, highly motivated and engaged team player of outstanding calibre who will enjoy working closely with the Artistic Director and other key creative staff on the creation and touring of new and extant works.
You must have an extensive knowledge and respect for the arts and substantial experience within the performing arts. The candidate must bring a positive and collaborative attitude to working with the Artistic Director and other associated artists as well as external stakeholders such as touring agents and venue personnel. You will have substantial experience in developing production schedules and leading the artistic and production team through the process of creating and presenting new works.
The candidate will also work closely with Executive Director and management and must possess acumen in forward planning including the creation of well composed and accurate production and touring budgets, demonstrating an adeptness in budget forecasting. You must possess excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to balance the creative and financial imperatives of the company.
This successful candidate will have a high level of competency in various areas including:
- working collaboratively with artists on creating outstanding and ambitious new productions
- working with the Artistic Director and Executive Director on creating an excellent production team
- working with management on planning production and touring budgets
- highly developed interpersonal skills that positively bridge the creative, technical and financial teams
- substantial knowledge and experience of national and international touring of performing arts including extensive experience with venues and touring agents
- demonstrate creative thinking and exceptional problem-solving abilities on technical issues related to new productions and touring
- fostering positive relationships with external stakeholders
This is an excellent role for a highly experienced, highly motivated and skilled individual who is excited by working in a creative, collaborative artistic environment, fostering positive relationships to manifest outstanding art.
This is a three-year fixed-term position, ideally commencing in mid-September 2020. Salary package negotiable depending on experience. For a full position description please visit adt.org.au/employment
Applications close Monday 17 August 2020 at 9am ACST.