We’re looking for a talented Video Producer who will help bring to life the collections, programs and services on offer at State Library Victoria through the production of high quality video content. With a creative flair for storytelling and excellent video production skills, this role will strengthen engagement with our ever-growing online community, extend audience reach and elevate our brand.
Established in 1856 as ‘the people’s university’, State Library Victoria is Australia’s oldest and busiest public library and the fourth most-visited library in the world, attracting those with curious minds and serious researchers alike. A place of learning and discovery for all Victorians, the Library houses items that showcase Victoria’s cultural life, past and present, and makes them available through a range of services, exhibitions and cultural programs. It is home to more than two million books and thousands of newspapers as well as historic manuscripts, music, pictures and ephemera, with a focus on material from Victoria. Each year, more than 70,000 heritage items are added to its collection.
- Create high-quality video content that reflects our brand values, corporate identity and engages our key audiences
- Conceptualise, research, script, produce and edit videos
- Repurpose content and uncover new ideas to support key projects, campaigns, events and programs
- Develop corporate positioning videos
- Manage the Library’s YouTube channels
- Report on video analytics
The Video Producer is accountable for the following measurable outcomes:
- Develop and execute video content plans that increase online engagement and reach new audiences
- Ideate, script, edit and produce high quality videos that increase viewership and engagement across the Library’s social and YouTube channels, as well as the website
- Apply data and analytics to improve and extend video content reach and engagement
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism, communications or related discipline and significant experience in digital production using 4k camera or equivalent and post production software such as Premier Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut, Davinci etc.
- State Library Victoria is a child-safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check will be required before commencing.
For further information about the position including the Key Selection Criteria, please refer to the Position Description.