Foundations & Trusts Coordinator
- Full-time, 12-month contract position
- Salary package: $78,003 per annum (includes base salary $71,236 + 9.5% employer’s contribution to superannuation)
- Development & Enterprises Division
- Reports to the Director, Development & Enterprises
Overview of the Development & Enterprises Division
The Philanthropy team sits within the MCA’s Development and Enterprises Division, which is responsible for generating revenue and support for the Museum’s activities through individuals, corporate partners, and commercial activities.
The Philanthropy team is responsible for managing relationships with members, patrons, trusts and foundations and overseeing a range of engagement programs, events and campaigns.
Overview of the position
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in Philanthropic programs ideally with direct experience in an arts and cultural environment. The role requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to write engaging grant applications, accurate reports and proposals as well as have exceptional relationship management skills. An understanding of budgeting and forecasting would also be desirable.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Coordinate under direction, a structured prospecting and stewardship plan for Foundations and Trusts.
- Research and identify Foundation and Trust prospects, maintaining and managing a database of Foundations and Trusts including the submission calendar.
- Coordinate the stewardship of supporting Foundations and Trusts ensuring the MCA meets all grant requirements including processing the application funds, coordinating communications and implementing acknowledgements.
- Prepare for review with relevant MCA stakeholders from Audience Engagement and Curatorial, all acquittals and reporting for successful grants.
- With the Director, Development and Enterprises and the Head of Philanthropy, coordinate relationship management of the Foundation and Trust organisations.
- Attend a range of MCA events and represent the MCA at external industry or networking events with the Director, Development and Enterprises and the Head of Philanthropy.
- Work closely with colleagues across various MCA departments including marketing and communications, Audience Engagement, Curatorial, as well as colleagues within the Development and Enterprises division.
- Any other duties as required within the level of position.
Key selection criteria
Applicants must be able to demonstrate they have:
- a demonstrated background in the not-for-profit sector, ideally within the arts and cultural sector, focussed on philanthropic programs
- an understanding and experience in fundraising, preferably in Foundations and Trusts
- experience in prospect planning and managing stewardship
- strong project management skills
- strong communication, financial and administrative skills including database management.