NZ FRINGE OPERATIONS MANAGER
OrganisationNZ Fringe Festival
Closes25 Sep 2020
Posted on12 Sep 2020
Work classificationManagement & Admin
New Zealand Fringe Festival has been running annually for over 30 years. NZ Fringe is a fully open access arts festival in which participants register to put on shows with significant support from the festival including a printed programme, website, box office and ticketing services, regional marketing campaign, and producer mentoring and career development opportunities. NZ Fringe has secured its place at the heart of the development of new talent and work in New Zealand, and as a destination for touring artists. The 2020 festival had 153 registered productions, making for over 600 events in 23 days.
The NZ Fringe Operations Manager role is a critical cog in the Fringe engine room, managing the operations and office, including systems, finance management and logistics.
This contract starts part-time from October 2020, moving to full-time in from January to April 2021.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Systems Management - Event, project Management and ticketing Systems
- Artist Services - Registration and ticketing logistics communication and reporting
- Event Delivery - Assist with event logistics and delivery
- Reporting - Provide of regular and accurate reporting
- Ticketing Management - Coordinate and deliver the logistics and systems for all ticketing requirements online and across venues
- Web Site and Digital - Develop website functionality and coordinate updates
- Merchandise - Coordindate merchandise sales across the festival
- People Management and Training - Recruit, train and manage event and ticketing staff, interns and volunteers. Help host industry delegates.
- Financial Management - Manage Fringe payments and income reporting for artist registrations, awards and ticketing
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in managing small teams to deliver beyond expectations
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Experience in utilising a Project Management system to manage and complete tasks by deadlines
- Proven success in working in a tight financial environment, monitoring and management of budgets
- A supportive and mentoring attitude to engaging with artists and participants as clients
- Experience in ticketing and registration systems for events and/or venues
- Experience in managing and delivering a wide range of events, and attention to timelines and detail