- Fantastic learning opportunity
- 1 year contract
- Flexible work practices
Are you passionate about the Arts and looking to launch your career in a progressive, supportive environment? An exciting opportunity has arisen within Canterbury Bankstown Council for an Arts Trainee to join Bankstown Arts Centre.
Reporting to the Arts Centre Director, you will support the Bankstown Arts Centre team with day to day activities, administration and provide general project support as required. You will also assist with telephone and in-person enquiries to the Centre and assist with the smooth running of the facility.
The Bankstown Arts Centre is a cultural facility, where artists and community groups collaborate to explore ideas and learn, create and experience contemporary community based arts. A major focus is to provide support and reducing barriers to arts engagement for artists/ communities and audiences experiencing social exclusion such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with a disability, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and low income communities.
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $713.80 per week (Grade T) + 9.5% super.
Your duties in this role will include:
• Provide general administration duties such as answering phones, filing and front of house duties
• Provide reliable and appropriate resolution of complaints and enquiries and customer service needs.
• Assist team members and request assistance when required.
• Assist in the maintenance of arts centre data bases and statistics.
• Complete appropriate accredited training as per the traineeship agreements.
• Any other duties as directed by the Arts Centre Director
To be considered for this role you will possess the following:
• Demonstrated ability to work well with people, building a team spirit and recognising and supporting the contribution of others.
• Ability to learn new tasks and quickly commit information to memory.
• Ability to Follow procedures and policies and always give their best efforts to tasks
• Higher School Certificate
What’s in it for you?
• Work in an organisation identified as an Employer of Choice
• Located in Bankstown (close to public transport)
• Flexible work practices (opportunity to work 9 day fortnight)
• Access to health and wellbeing programs
• Access to further training and development
• Work for an award winning organisation that will truly value your input