Head of Production
Head of Production
Auckland Theatre Company
Join the dynamic team at Auckland Theatre Company (ATC) as Head of Production, a pivotal role responsible for providing a high level of production service, management, technical expertise and operational excellence to ATC, in order that productions are realised in a way which exceeds both the creative teams and the audiences expectations.
Auckland Theatre Company produces an annual season of mainbill productions, a Youth Arts Festival, runs a Creative Learning programme, develops new work through its Literary Department and tours work nationally and internationally.
Based between the ATC rehearsal studios in Dominion Road and the ASB Waterfront Theatre, the scope of this position extends to production planning and implementation; staff management; developing operational policies; budget management; daily production management and operations; acquisitions and procurement.
A high level of theatre and performing arts production knowledge and experience is required in order to provide leadership, expertise and practical advice to artistic and creative contractors, production suppliers, ATC staff, contract staff, casuals and other personnel.
We are looking for a person with the following principal attributes and skills:
- Sound knowledge of the artistic process of creating work for the stage and production management principles and the ability to put these into practice is essential.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, including the management of internal and external resources.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & other production specific software.
- Experience with forecasting, scheduling, budgeting and real-time production management.
- Experience in contract negotiation.
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff.
- Strong industry and local knowledge.
To request a full position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org