Toi Whakaari: New Zealand Drama School is recruiting a skilled arts educator to lead our Bachelor of Design (Stage & Screen) and Bachelor of Performing Arts (Management) programmes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering industry relevant and practice-based learning for our Design and Arts Management tertiary students.
As Head of Department: Design and Arts Management, you will be best in class and respected by your industry peers. You will have a drive for educating and developing Aotearoa’s future designers, arts producers and managers and supporting our tutors to deliver best practice pedagogy.
Within Toi Whakaari, you will be responsible for the review and development of innovative learning and teaching curriculums, resources and methodologies, ensuring that the Design and Arts Management teams are best equipped to facilitate excellence in learning.
You will also be required to contribute to the development and implementation of research and research strategies in Te Kura o Toi Whakaari and engage in research, scholarly activity and/or innovation within your specialist subject area.
This position will suit a focused, results driven team leader who brings positive, fresh thinking to Toi Whakaari.
- be passionate about the Toi Whakaari kaupapa and your work within it including your role in sharing knowledge and experience with those beginning their learning journey
- be prepared to probe, question and challenge the way things are done
- be connected to your industry peers
- have 10+ years’ relevant industry and teaching experience and
- Have respect for Te Reo Māori me ona Tikanga.
Applications close on 30 November 2020