Operations Manager & Tour Coordinator
Banished Music are looking for a superstar operations manager - slash- tour coordinator to get in the driver's seat and help us continue to make the wheels turn.
We are a boutique music company based in Auckland, New Zealand and we specialise in promoting shows (big, small, medium, weird, wonderful), and live performance booking throughout Aotearoa.
In 2020 we promoted & booked over 200 shows and are committed to expanding wider in 2021 with general growth, genre diversity, artist diversity, and show diversity while still keeping a boutique feel with a focus on attention to detail and upholding strong relationships with our artists.
We work with: Chelsea Jade, Nadia Reid, Marlin's Dreaming, The Veils, Diggy Dupe, Reb Fountain, The Chills, Dual, Skilaa, Dictaphone Blues, Mazbou Q, Lou'Ana, Frank Booker, Tiny Ruins, Lawrence Arabia, Heavy Chest, Anthonie Tonnon, Racing, Delaney Davidson, Kita, Arthur Ahbez, Ha The Unclear, Pluto, Indyah, ZO, Heavy Chest, Allah Las, Steve Gunn, Die! Die! Die!, Kirin J Callinan, Client Liaison, DIIV, Glass Vaults, A Place To Bury Strangers, Mary Lattimore and Julianna Barwick, C.W.Stoneking, and more.
We are looking for someone who eats the following for breakfast:
- daysheets and show schedules with the keenest eye for detail to double and triple check those schedules
- managing company calendars and itineraries, scheduling WIP meetings and cracking the whip to ensure everyone else is getting you the info they need
- Production advancing: connecting the dots between a venue or festival's technical spec sheet, and what an artist requires for their show
- creating and updating event listings
- scheduling FB posts with show timings and ticketing details
- booking accommodation, flights, and vehicle hires for touring parties
- chasing down venues and artists for contact details in a timely manner
- compiling ticketing and income settlement details post-show from venues, artists and/or tour managers
- organising artist hospitality requirements with venues, artists, managers, and/or tour managers
- being on hand as first line of defence/ point of contact to problem solve any issues on show day (which is usually Friday and Saturday). This is sometimes a call which might occur around 6pm saying 'we don't have our rider!' or around 8pm saying 'the door person hasn't show up' or sometimes very rarely even around 11pm saying 'what should we do with the door cash?'
We'll also be looking for these super helpful strings to your bow (preferred, but not essential):
- social media copywriting for keeping our social presence vibrant, and keeping our audience updated
- photoshop and/or indesign skills
- liaising with our media agencies (postering companies, radio stations, digital advertising team) to book in marketing campaigns
And these things would be an absolute bonus:
- Taking on a roster of artists that you will pitch to festivals, one-off shows and to other promoters as support acts.
- Being available to go away with a band and tour manage, drive and keep things groovy and under control (This comes with additional financial top ups for long days on the road).
You will be:
- fanatical about detail
- a whiz with Googlesheets and docs
- highly motivated and full of initiative
- ready to take on responsibility
- open-minded and have zero tolerance for bigotry or prejudice of any kind
- kind and supportive to the great people we work alongside
- unforgiving of assholes
- committed to helping make Banished Music bigger, better & bolder
The successful applicant will work closely with the company director on all operational matters.
This position is full-time, starting in March 2021 and remuneration will be based on experience and skill set.