Bundoora Homestead Art Centre is the public art gallery for the City of Darebin, hosting contemporary visual arts and craft exhibitions, a public education program including artist talks, workshops and events, and biennial art prizes. Built in 1900, Bundoora Homestead is a magnificent Queen Anne style Federation mansion operating as a historic house, art gallery and café, registered by Heritage Victoria and certified by the National Trust.
About the Role
This position plays a key role in the Art & Collections team supporting the promotion, development and advocacy of the Bundoora Homestead Art Centre, as well as Council’s other visual arts services including Public Art and the Darebin Art Collection. The position oversees marketing, income generation and audience development at Bundoora Homestead Art Centre and contributes to relevant policy and strategy development. The role also contributes to planning events and public programs at Bundoora Homestead.
- Contribute to the development of, and oversee implementation of, the Marketing Plan to ensure a high level of brand compliance, engagement and growth in audiences and participation.
- Coordinate and deliver advertising, press releases, social media posts, and other marketing activities.
- Identify, research and apply for grant opportunities that support the Homestead’s aims including state and federal government, philanthropic trusts, foundations and other.
- Work with the Art & Collections Coordinator to develop strategies that increase visitation to and income of the café in partnership with Café staff and the team.
- Contribute to the development of, and manage the implementation of, public programs and special events to ensure they are well publicised, run smoothly and are appropriately evaluated.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in marketing, fundraising and business development
- Experience in an arts or cultural institution
- Excellent administration and time management skills
- Qualifications in one of the following: marketing, events, tourism, business development, arts management or equivalent, relevant experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Darebin is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in Victoria in terms of cultures, language (more than 118 languages are spoken), religions, socio-economic background, employment status, occupation and housing needs. You will work for an organisation that proudly values social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence.
- Access to secure on-site bicycle parking, car parking and a range of conveniently located public transport options
- Career development, training opportunities
- Creative, open-minded and inspiring workplace
- Spectacular work location at a magnificent heritage mansion and gardens
- Supportive and positive work environment