This position is responsible for developing and coordinating all Curatorial and Artist-centered aspects of Parramatta Artists' Studios.
Parramatta Artists’ Studios is an initiative of City of Parramatta Council. It provides a supportive studio environment for artists to develop their practices whilst also connecting them with a community of peers and arts professionals.
On a daily basis you will:
Coordinate Artists’ Studios tenancies and maintain professional relationships with Studio Artists, including keeping abreast of Artists’ practices to identify and enable career opportunities.
- Coordinate the commissioning of new works by Studio Artists and other Artists for Parramatta Artists’ Studios programs, including curating exhibitions for Parramatta Artists’ Studios on-site and with external partners.
Coordinate the application process, assessment, reporting and communication systems in relation to the Studio Artist tenancy program and other creative grant programs.
Develop and implement Parramatta Artists’ Studios programs and opportunities for Artist professional development, including developing an alumni program for previous Studio Artists to maximise impact of the program.
About the person
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary level qualification in Fine Arts, Arts Administration/Management or an appropriate specialist area, and/or equivalent competencies gained through career and industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working with artists and the arts industry (typically 3 years).
- Sector knowledge and high-level understanding of, and experience in, the coordination and development of arts projects, programs and activities.
- Well-developed financial and budget management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and promoting arts programs, facilities and Artists.
- Experience in planning programs and engagement with professional artists, the arts sector and the community.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $83,054.33 p.a. plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Carla Theunissen on (0061 2) 9806 5325.