Fixed-term roles, February - August 2021
DarkLab is seeking experienced Project Managers for Dark Mofo 2021.
The Project Manager role is an event management position and is responsible for the development and oversight of the event budget, production schedule, resourcing, site delivery, and compliance requirements of nominated project/s. This role reports to the Executive Producer, works closely with the Program, Operations, and Technical teams, and oversees the event site, staffing and risk management. The Project Manager is also responsible for relevant infrastructure, permits, venue and stakeholder communications and implementation of sustainability initiatives.
In consultation with the Executive Producer, Dark Mofo Project Managers will:
- Oversee the development and delivery of nominated project/s;
- Coordinate development of event production scheduling and budgets;
- Monitor project budget and manage expenditure commitments while also pursuing cost savings, efficiencies, and sustainable practices;
- Oversee the site planning, development, and delivery of the venue and/or site including site plans, production scheduling, and other required documentation;
- Manage pre-production, technical and operational requirements for project elements including staff supervision, maintenance, operations, and handover;
- Apply for and ensure compliance and approvals are obtained efficiently for all regulatory permits and licenses;
- Liaise with curatorial and design team, artists, and sponsors to determine the site requirements of venue/s and ensure smooth operations;
- Support the management of temporary infrastructure requirements, and traffic and pedestrian management plans;
- Liaise with various internal teams, external stakeholders and providers to ensure site requirements are met;
- Engage and manage venue managers, stage managers, site and front of house crews for venues;
- Assist Festival Management with the engagement and communication to all stakeholders, local community, and surrounding businesses;
- Create, manage and maintain site budget including post-event reconciliation and accurate reporting;
- Manage site and all works required to make site/s safe and fit for purpose;
- Contribute to and ensure compliance with all risk assessments, work health and safety, and emergency management and evacuation planning;
- Compile a post-event report and contribute to debrief; and
- Liaise with project stakeholders, providing regular updates and recommendations to the Executive Producer, and as required.
- Previous work experience in a project management role is required, with a festival or large scale event background highly desirable;
- Project and production management skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and IT;
- Able to plan and manage timelines efficiently;
- Solid work ethic and able to work flexible hours;
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate numerous projects;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Collaborative and flexible approach to problem-solving & information sharing;
- Organised, efficient, and calm;
- Current Driver's Licence; and
- Proficient with event scheduling software ie. FileMakerPro/Artifax etc.
Applications should include a cover letter of up to 2 pages addressing the criteria with a current CV and 2 referees.
Please apply here.
Applications close Monday 25 January at 5pm (AEDT).