OrganisationAlbury City Council
Closes31 Jan 2021
Posted on11 Jan 2021
Work typeFull time employment
Work classificationMarketing & Media, Visual Arts
Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) is a progressive art museum that enriches the cultural life of the Albury region and ranks among the leading art museums and galleries in Australia. MAMA’s mission is to engage the power of art and artists to inspire, challenge, and strengthen our community through transformative experiences in art and culture.
The new role of Engagement Manager will form a key part of the museum's leadership team. Working under the leadership of the MAMA Director, the Engagement Manager is responsible for audience development and for designing and delivering public engagement programs across the museum. The position plays an important role in helping the museum realise its Mission, Vision and Strategic plan. This position is specifically related to expanding the museum’s audience reach and impact.
- Manage public engagement, including public programs, learning and participation, visitor experience, web/digital content, marketing and communications, design and publishing in support of MAMA objectives.
- Coordinate the communication of art and ideas via accessible and inclusive methods
- Manage and develop the MAMA brand in support of the museum’s objectives
- Coordinate engagement content and activities across both artistic programs and revenue commercial business units
- Establish and foster strong and productive networks and working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Manage engagement budget and reporting requirements
- Promote a cohesive and inclusive working environment through effective supervision of staff and volunteers, including performance management, training and development, and workflow coordination.
- Maintain an up-to-date and holistic understanding of the museum’s objectives through a proactive engagement with museum activities and programs.
- Represent the museum at events, in the community, and in the arts sector as a key member of the leadership team
- Make business recommendations based on emerging public engagement trends and best practices within the arts sector.
- Based on a 35 hour week, working Monday to Friday with actual days and times to be negotiated with the supervisor, with an RDO in accordance with AlburyCity’s RDO guidelines.
The position is based onsite at Murray Art Museum Albury, at 546 Dean Street Albury.
To learn more about the museum, visit our website or follow us on social media @MAMAlbury.
To learn more about the benefits of living and working in the Albury region, see Visit Albury Wodonga.