Fixed-term, February - August 2021
DarkLab is seeking an experienced Operations Manager for Dark Mofo 2021.
The Festival Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring Dark Mofo is fully supported in the planning and implementation of festival venues, sites and precincts. This role reports to the Head of Operations and oversees the Operations Coordinators to deliver Dark Mofo. Working closely with the Project teams, you will oversee site, staffing and risk management for the festival, and facilitate festival approvals and stakeholder consultation, with oversight of community and sustainability initiatives.
In consultation with the Head of Operations, the Festival Operations Manager will:
- Provide regular updates and recommendations for operations;
- Liaise with all Festival departments to ensure operational requirements are identified, resourced, and delivered;
- Coordinate with DarkLab Project Managers, Production and venues personnel to review and develop event planning considerations;
- Manage Front of House planning, festival accessibility requirements, accreditation, waste management, and sustainability initiatives;
- Support the development of festival site planning, precinct development, and Event Management plan/s;
- Support the development and management of relationships with local stakeholders and relevant authorities including briefings, negotiations, insurances, and documentation to secure permits and approvals;
- Assist with high-level stakeholder engagement, including emergency management, risk & safety planning, surveyors, and council submissions;
- Contribute to the Festival’s Risk Management Plan and facilitate compliance;
- Coordinate Operations team including recruitment, employment training, and management of staff ;
- Contribute to development of festival traffic management requirements;
- Maintain a detailed understanding of changing COVID-19 restrictions and ensure compliance across the festival;
- Authorise program expenditure against approved budgets, pursuing cost saving, efficiencies, and sustainable practices;
- Develop fully costed budget for relevant projects as required and manage expenditure;
- In collaboration with Project Managers, facilitate the development of site plans, production schedules, and other necessary operational processes;
- Coordinate operational support to food and drink vendors (selected by Dark Mofo) to appear on-site during the project’s season.
- Previous work experience in a large scale event or festival management role is required, with operational management expertise preferred;
- Festival, event operations, and production management skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and IT;
- Able to plan and manage timelines efficiently;
- Solid work ethic and able to work flexible hours;
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate numerous projects and tasks;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Collaborative and flexible approach to problem-solving and information sharing;
- Organised, efficient, and calm;
- Current Driver's Licence;
- Proficient with event scheduling software ie. FileMakerPro/Artifax etc.
Applications should include a cover letter of up to 2 pages addressing the criteria with a current CV and 2 referees.
Please apply here
Applications for this position close Monday 25 January at 5pm (AEDT).