OrganisationNew Zealand Symphony Orchestra
Closes24 Feb 2021
Posted on10 Feb 2021
Work typeFull time employment
Work classificationPerforming Arts
- Play a critical role in the future success of the Orchestra
- Strategic and operational focus
- Full time, permanent role; based in Auckland CBD
Founded in 1946, the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra is the country’s national professional orchestra and one of the few touring orchestras in the world, visiting many cities and towns around New Zealand every season.
As a key member of the Development Team, the Development Manager reports to, and works very closely with, the Head of Development, who is based in Wellington.
This is both a strategic and operational position, where you will actively participate in the development of the NZSO’s strategic fundraising plans, and take ownership of its delivery through the management of the Fundraising Executive and as part of the wider Development team.
Your experience in fundraising from multiple sources including corporate sponsorship and partner development will put you in good stead for this role, and your relationship management skills and ability to work with Board members, senior managers and key stakeholders will be second to none.
You will have knowledge of event and project management and be able to think creatively with excellent time management and attention to detail. And, needless to say, your interest in music and knowledge of the arts will go far.
This is a pivotal role for the NZSO and one that will see you working with a wide variety of interesting, talented and highly committed professionals and supporters.
- Successful track record in a senior fundraising position
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of fundraising theory and practice, from strategy creation to implementation
- Strong leadership capabilities, with proven staff management experience
- Experience in event management, with effective planning, project management and organisational abilities
- Exceptional relationship management abilities with both internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Skilled with CRM / fundraising databases
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, fundraising, public relations, marketing or similar is preferred
- Willingness to work irregular hours and travel as required