- Provide administrative support to the NZSO’s Artistic Team
- Part time (20hrs p/w), 6 month fixed term role, based in Wellington
Founded in 1946, the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra is the country’s national professional orchestra and one of the few touring orchestras in the world, visiting many cities and towns around New Zealand every season.
As a member of the Artistic Team, the Artistic Assistant reports to the Head of Artistic Planning, who is based in Wellington.
This is an operational position, where you will provide departmental support in a number of key areas, including producing scheduling documents, liaising with players and other staff, and taking minutes as required.
You will have administrative experience and be able to think creatively with excellent time management and attention to detail. An interest in classical and knowledge of the arts is preferred.
To have demonstrated expertise and understanding of:
- classical music
- computer literacy
- administrative principles and processes
You will be able to:
- work methodically and systematically with an eye for detail
- work autonomously but within guidelines; be a self-learner
- collect, analyse and process information, and use a computer for research and data input
How to apply
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Bernadine Lynch firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm, Sunday 28th February.
Download Position Description