Full-time, 3 year fixed-term
We are seeking an experienced Executive Producer to deliver Mona’s Festival of Music and Art (Mona Foma) as well as co-lead the activities of Mona’s Music Cluster including delivery and ongoing management of the year-long music program at Mona. Culturally, we’re also looking for someone to instantly add to the creative fabric of Mona’s infamous music team.
The Executive Producer is responsible for ensuring Mona Foma is well funded, planned and implemented across all festival venues according to budget, time and creative quality parameters. This role holds people leadership and stakeholder relationship accountabilities and reports to the Artistic Director of the Festival. Working closely in connection with the Artistic Director, Associate Director, and Festival team, you will also collaborate with Mona’s shared services functions, overseeing site, staffing and compliance for the festival. The role is a key member of the Music Cluster at Mona and manages its ongoing operations as well as the year-long music program across the Mona sites.
- In partnership with the Artistic Director and Associate Director, plan and project manage the Festival in line with cost, time, and creative quality parameters;
- Lead the design and implementation of the financial sustainability strategy for Mona Foma Festival;
- Support the Sponsorship Manager in pursuing and managing successful sponsorships and partnership arrangements with clear returns;
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities, targeting federal, state, and local government, as well as foreign government and philanthropic support;
- Authorise program expenditure against approved budgets within delegation pursuing cost savings, efficiencies, and sustainable practices wherever possible;
- Manage relationships with public sector stakeholders and relevant authorities including negotiations, insurances, and documentation to secure the necessary authority and approvals to deliver events at specified sites;
- Overall accountability for the risk and compliance aspects of the Festival - including lead author of the overall risk management plan which includes safety, IT, facility, security, and emergency response requirements;
- Lead and manage a large integrated team of arts event contractors and Mona teams to ensure operational requirements are identified, resourced, and delivered;
- Develop a staffing plan for the festival in conjunction with the festival Associate Director, recruiting staff to deliver the festival, and manage the team ongoing;
- Manage the reporting associated with the festival for internal and external stakeholders - including financials and all public sector reporting requirements;
- In partnership with the Artistic Director and the Associate Director, manage the year-long Mona Music Program; overseeing the team responsible for its coordination and production.
- You’ll be one of the key creative voices shaping the Mona Foma festival and Mona’s music offering, so you’ll need to have a world-class track record in this area; one of your KPIs is to make Mona Foma the most creative festival in the world;
- Proven experience in conceptualising and delivering large and complex arts events across multiple sites and event types;
- Skilled at design and delivery of financial sustainability and public sector focused fundraising strategies;
- Deep festival operations experience adept at systematising complex delivery; experience in managing risks and safety issues;
- Skilled event manager, experienced in arts events and festivals with ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams to successfully deliver to time, cost, and quality parameters;
- Have previously line managed festival teams at scale with a wide network;
- Confident in supporting and sharing responsibilities and decision making in connection with senior team leaders;
- Can work flexible hours and deal with high pressure work contexts;
- Can manage complex stakeholder relationships across the private and public sector;
- Collaborative and integrated approach; can work across shared services functions;
- Adept use of technology tools to co-ordinate tasks, report on activities, and share information.
We are looking for the successful applicant to commence as soon as possible and will be reviewing applications as they are submitted. If you are interested, we recommend submitting your interest sooner rather than later. Applications should include a cover letter of up to 2 pages addressing the criteria with a current CV.
Applications officially close on Friday 5 March at 5pm (AEDT).
Please apply directly via https://mona.applynow.net.au/jobs/MONA314-executive-producer-mona-foma-music-at-mona