Creative Employment Consultant
A much valued member of our Creative Employment Consultants’ team is returning home overseas. The Depot ArtsLab Creative Employment Programme invites a person ideally with employment placement, recruitment and career guidance skills to join our team. ArtsLab has been running for 17 years, equipping and supporting unemployed creatives into sustained employment.
ArtsLab Creative Employment Consultants work with heartfelt concern in a collaborative and high-energy team. They bring their own creativity and personality to the role and value the supportive and appreciative work environment. No two days are ever the same. Work can range from developing an effective job seeking strategy for a seasoned graphic designer to assisting a recent grad to write their first CV and cover letter, to helping someone with long-term unemployment find suitable and realistic employment options.
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience in either recruitment, supported employment, career/employment guidance or a relevant role within the creative industries.
Professional Skills Required
- Ability to provide support and guidance to clients through all job seeking processes.
- Ability to utilise and communicate a range of job seeking strategies.
- Strong interview skills.
- Confident workshop developer and presenter.
- Accurate report writing.
- Career/vocational guidance skills.
- Well developed time management and administration skills.
- Interest in or knowledge of the creative industry sector.
- Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel (basic)
Personal Skills Required
- Warm, engaging and professional.
- Work with genuine care and understanding of our client's needs and circumstances.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to adapt communication style to reflect the diversity of our clients..
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Adaptable and flexible.
The position is ideally for a full-time consultant based in Devonport, Auckland - just a delightful ferry trip across the harbour.