Team Leader Arts and Heritage
- Are you passionate about Arts and Heritage?
- Strategic and operational leadership
- Make a real difference across the community
Nelson is renowned for its extraordinary depth of arts and heritage activities. We need an experienced Team Leader to join us to oversee the implementation of our recently developed heritage strategy and to guide our direction in the arts space . This permanent full-time role offers a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of arts and heritage in Nelson, from strategic planning, to operational oversight of Founders Heritage Park, and involvement in supporting a range of community projects which provide economic and social wellbeing value to our region.
You’ll be a recognised leader with both arts and heritage expertise and a flair for strategic planning and delivery. Your excellent relationship management skills will ensure you form strong partnerships and engage with iwi and our community. Your ability to manage budgets, contracts and resources will enable us to deliver a great service to our community.
In your cover letter please outline your skills, knowledge and experience with the following:
- Your arts and heritage background
- Team leadership experience
- Demonstrated strategic planning expetise with an ability to translate plans into deliverable actions
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (report writing and presenting to a wide variety of audiences) with an ability to connect and engage with diverse sector groups
- Politically aware; local or central government experience is preferred
It's a great opportunity to make a difference in the place where you live and to support our community to continue to thrive. Reporting to an enthusiastic and committed manager, you'll be encouraged to grow and develop your own skills and knowledge within a positive and collegial team.
"Working together to make Nelson an even better place"
Nelson City Council is an organisation filled with supportive people who enjoy living and working in this great city. We have amazing weather, great schools and a wonderful natural environment to play in. From major events or just a general buzz in town, it’s a great place for all ages.
Applications close: Midnight Sunday 11 April 2021
For more information about the role itself please contact: Mark Preston-Thomas, Manager Community Partnerships on 03 546 0421