Technical Delivery Coordinator
Baycourt Community & Arts Centre is Tauranga's premier performance, arts and culture venue, and is an integral part of Tauranga City Council's Venues and Events team.
We are looking for a Technical Delivery Coordinator to join our Baycourt team! Reporting to the Technical Manager, this position is an important role in the business, responsible for meeting with our clients to understand their creative vision and technical requirements, and ensure resources are in place to deliver on these.
This role is perfect for someone with exceptional technical skills, that enjoys the variety of desk based planning and organising, as well as being on the front line packing in and operating events. Baycourt is a busy community venue with a diverse range of clients including the Royal NZ Ballet, NZSO, The Wiggles, Marlon Williams, Les Misérables, local dance performances, school musicals and many many more. If you want every day to be different, are an excellent communicator, enjoy problem solving, and know how to plug things in and make them go - this is the role for you.
This role is also responsible for leading and developing our team of Casual Technical Assistants and will be involved with our 'Tauranga Teen Technician' youth training initiative.
For this role, you will have;
- Proven experience in Audio / AV / Lighting / Mechanical
- Strong ability and confidence to lead and develop tech staff / casuals or contractors
- Sound organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise tasks and initiatives from conception to completion
- Proven ability in delegating tasks successfully
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team structure
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Digitally savvy, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite
- Previous experience working in Local Government is preferred
- Working at heights or electrical qualifications would be a bonus
At Tauranga City Council, we believe in supporting our talent and we offer a range of learning and development opportunities and flexible working conditions to help you achieve the most from your career.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real difference, then we would love to hear from you and have you join our team!
Tauranga City Council is committed to the protection and wellbeing of children in the community. A key part of this role involves working with children so, as part of our assessment of candidates, we conduct Police Vetting prior to employment to ensure we continue to provide a safe environment.
To read the position description and apply, please visit the listing on our careers site.
Applications close Sunday 11 April.