The Executive Director, in partnership with the Artistic Director, has overall responsibility for the operational management and delivery of the annual theatre season, and the leadership and management of the production, fundraising, marketing, development, and administrative staff, so that the objectives of the Company are achieved.
The Executive Director also assumes responsibility for overseeing the management of Monkey Baa’s special projects, including touring nationally, both rural and regional, and internationally; specialist programs in education; and other programs as determined in association with the Artistic Director and the Board.
To be successful in this role, candidates must meet the following essential criteria:
- Minimum 5 years experience in an Executive role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish and foster high-level donor, government, and industry networks.
- Excellent collaboration skills and proven track record in supporting the implementation of Artistic Vision.
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals & KPI’s, create, and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Strategic thinking based on trends and conditions in the local and international environment, and the vision and values of the organisation.
- Can demonstrate strong leadership in People Management and professional development of staff
Salary is dependent on skills and experience
- Please visit the Monkey Baa website to view the full position description.
- To apply, please include a cover letter briefly addressing the selection criteria and a statement of interest, as well as a current CV (PDF format preferred).
- Enquiries and applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be treated confidentially.
- Applications close: Monday 17 May 2021 COB
Monkey Baa is committed to equal opportunities and encourages people of diverse and under-represented backgrounds to apply.
ABOUT MONKEY BAA
Monkey Baa is a multi award-winning theatre company that produces exceptional + immersive theatre experiences for young people of the same depth, rigor, expertise + craft as work for adult audiences.
For 23 years we have been telling stories that embrace social and cultural connectivity, celebrate Australia’s rich cultural heritage, challenge and inspire. From a musical comedy about shearers and sheep exploring individualism and community, to plays about a 10-year-old boy’s journey from impoverished rural China to international dance stardom, Monkey Baa ignites imaginations and inspires audiences to be the best versions of ourselves.
We believe theatre should be an integral part of young people’s lives; provoking empathy, imagination, respect and understanding, allowing us all to see the world from different perspectives.
We are Australia’s widest-reaching touring organization. We have conducted 28 national tours to 135 regional and remote communities across Australia, 4 international tours, over 3,500 performances and 5,000 workshops. 70% of our audience lives outside a major city and almost half fall within the lowest third of the national socio-economic range.
To date, we have reached over 1.5 million young people!
At the start of 2021, Eva Di Cesare was appointed our sole Artistic Director. A co-founder of the company, Eva’s new era of creative leadership will include commissioning writers and artists from all over Australia to support a greater diversity of emerging and experienced collaborators. The new direction will redefine the company’s work to authentically reflect the contemporary and lived experiences of its young Australian audience.