Publicity and Communications Manager
Urban Dream Brokerage: Making space for new ideas
Enlivening cities through public participation
Ngā mihi nui kia koutou katoa. Nau mai, haere mai.
Urban Dream Brokerage provides space for new ideas from artists, creatives and social practitioners in our cities.
Working with property owners, managers, artists, individuals and community groups UDB brokers the temporary use of space, be it public or commercial, empty or underutilised for innovative projects, assisting in urban revitalisation.
We need a Publicity and Communications Manager for the rest of 2021!
This is a paid part-time contract available on flexible terms. Initially, it will involve developing a communications strategy for UDB for the remainder of 2021 (identifying key audiences, messages and timelining) with the team. Moving forward, it will involve implementation of strategy alongside individual communications work on Urban Dream Brokerage projects.
You will need to:
- Have experience developing and implementing communication strategies and thinking laterally with limited budget.
- Will come to the position with an active and developed media database and wider Wellngton CBD network.
- Have strong editing, writing, and project coordination skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Be passionate about the possibilities creative thinking and public participation can have in shaping positive social change in Wellington city.
- Be comfortable working with diverse creative, social, and business communities in Te Whanganui-a-Tara and have past involvement in community activation.
- Be a self-motivated, independent worker with excellent initiative in finding solutions to meet UDB’s kaupapa and goals.
- You will need to provide your own computer as you will mainly work remotely.
- Finally and most importantly have wonderful people skills!
The successful candidate will report to UDB broker Jason Muir, administrative manager and treasurer Linda Lee, and Letting Space arts advisors Mark Amery and Sophie Jerram.
This is a position for an Independent Contractor.
The hours you work are flexible but in keeping with meeting UDB deadlines.