Closes14 May 2021
Posted on30 Apr 2021
Work typeFull time employment
Work classificationManagement & Admin, Marketing & Media
Just minutes from the bustle of the Britomart, lower Queen Street and Auckland’s iconic waterfront – lies the delightfully Art Deco styled Hotel DeBrett. Nestled in the heart of the hotel you will find DeBretts Kitchen, bathed in natural light from a soaring glass roofed atrium, the 50 seat restaurant serves a seasonal menu offering simple, elegant food sourced from local produce farms. 5 elegantly appointed event spaces cater for all types of occasions and each weekend our restaurant transforms into a jazz joint when our 1920’s-inspired high tea shimmies in, complete with prohibition cocktails and faux pearls.
Working closely with the Food & Beverage department, and reporting directly to the Hotel General Manager, this role is responsible for prospecting and sourcing new event leads, preparing quotes, negotiating and confirming event bookings and the successful execution of all events. Our ideal candidate will possess proactive sales and customer service skills as well as strong attention to detail to ensure all customer needs are understood and communicated effectively.
- Responsible for all in-house events from initial contact to completion.
- Source new business opportunities through pro-active selling techniques including cold calling and attending networking events.
- Relationship manage existing client portfolio to generate leads and repeat business.
- Achieve quarterly & annual revenue targets and KPI's.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Execute events; both event only and those with accompanying accommodation, including logistics, rundown briefings and completion of the internal event order. • Coordinate with hotel departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout each stage of the event.
- Build strong relationship with your food and beverage colleagues to ensure seamless event execution and success for all.
- Prepare forecasts and daily/weekly reporting and oversee the sales & catering systems, with a focus on accurate data entry.
- Committed to providing and ensuring exceptional customer service.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- Strong organisational skills to plan and execute events.
- Persuasive communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- A positive can do attitude.
- Business development skills to help grow the events business.
- Attention to detail.
This is a full-time role working a rotating roster of weekdays and some weekends, evenings and public holidays as the job requires. Attractive salary and incentive package. If you are this candidate and would like to join our team, please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.