The Production Publicist, located in Melbourne, is directly responsible for publicity on our theatrical productions including but limited to our current productions: the Australian premiere of Hamilton at the Sydney Lyric Theatre, Sydney the Australian premier of of Harry Potter And the Cursed Child at the Princess Theatre, Melbourne, and The International Tour of The Lion King at Spark Arena, Auckland, NZ driving successful ticket sales outcomes and raising the visibility of the productions for the longevity of these and future theatrical productions.
- Under supervision of the Director, Publicity, direct responsibility, for production day-to-day PR on productions as required;
- Generate high quality, targeted and effective PR campaigns on time and within approved budgets;
- Coordinate high profile events including previews and premieres; press launches; press trips; events and out of theatre performances;
- Manage all talent/media appearances, both in and out of the theatre including regional publicity and community events;
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with all manner of media and 3rd party stakeholders;
- Identify and create opportunities for coverage across digital, print and broadcast and help to ensure that maximum benefit is achieved from these opportunities ensuring that the activity complements and elevates the broader campaign;
- Develop and update all media materials for all productions, including cast, creative, executive, and corporate biographies, press kits, consumer and trade press releases, media statements, talking points, Q&As, briefing notes and fact sheets;
- Create and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly publicity reports as required by the Director, Publicity, and the Production;
- Attend marketing and press strategy meetings as required by Director, Publicity, including monthly planning sessions.
- Consult with and advise Director, Publicity with respect to all press and publicity issues regarding the Production and proposals for improvement in all aspects of PR work on the production.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Meet with internal stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Work collaboratively and willingly in a small team that is “all hands-on deck”.
- Work to Company’s policies.
- Reflect the Company’s culture and brand with external partners and stakeholders by functioning in a manner which is collaborative, contemporary, innovative, ambitious and, importantly with flair.
- Extensive and proven ability to manage the day-to-day activities of a press office and experience of drafting and implementing plans in the arts and entertainment industries.
- Demonstrable success in delivering consumer focused PR campaigns and events that achieve cut through across news, features, online, broadcast, and social media.
- A superior understanding of competitor brands and the wider sector agenda to enable the individual to spot opportunities for the Michael Cassel Group.
- A perceptive understanding of the theatre industry so that opportunities can be identified, and the broader implications of decisions can be understood.
- Advanced media knowledge with a good network of contacts in the industry.
- Experience of working on national campaigns and of working with external 3rd parties.
- Experience of working with entertainment brands.
- Solid computer skills including, Microsoft Word and Excel and relevant PR software systems.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications.
Capabilities and Competencies
- Ambitious, dynamic, and passionate about theatre.
- Superior written, verbal communication and presentation skills, including proven ability of drafting press releases.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Superior organisational and negotiation, skills with the ability to collaborate well with all levels of internal and external executives and stakeholders.
- Strong decision-making skills with a persuasive and credible presentation style.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to roll-up-sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Highest integrity in professional and personal life.
The position description is not an exhaustive list and may change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the Producer.
The Production Publicist is based in Melbourne.
Applications close Monday 23 May 2021.
Applicants are required to submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Contact details for 2 referees.