Event: Sydney Contemporary
Role type: Full-time (contract role)
Salary: On request
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 30 October 2021
OVERVIEW OF SYDNEY CONTEMPORARY
Sydney Contemporary, Australasia's premier international art fair, returns from 9th – 12th September 2021 [Collector Preview 8th September] with the largest and most diverse gathering of contemporary art galleries in the region. Staged at Carriageworks, Australia’s striking multi- arts venue, the Fair welcomes over 90 galleries from Australia, New Zealand, Asia and around the world.
Alongside the galleries are curated sectors for contemporary video, installation art and performance as well as an ambitious program that includes engaging panel discussions, guided tours, educational workshops and an extensive VIP Program. The Fair is also home to pop-up restaurants by Sydney's much-loved dining institutions, making it an all-encompassing art and dine experience.
Billed as one of the most celebrated events on Australia’s cultural calendar, Sydney Contemporary has established itself as a must-attend art event and the perfect place to discover and collect modern and contemporary art.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced marketer to take the position of Marketing Executive. As the Marketing Executive, you will work alongside the Head of Marketing to develop and implement the marketing campaign for Sydney Contemporary. You will assist with offering innovative and creative marketing strategies that will make an impact and ultimately drive ticket sales, attendance and online traffic. You will be self-starting, energetic, autonomous and results orientated executive that executes the role proactively and independently with guidance from the management team.
To be successful in this role, you should have an understanding and experience in arts marketing, excellent copywriting skills, a good understanding of social media and digital marketing as well as the ability to grow and develop an existing visitor database to deliver a targeted visitor attendance. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential as is excellent time and project management skills. Along with the relevant tertiary qualification in arts or event marketing (or equivalent), you will have highly developed interpersonal skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assisting the implementation of marketing strategy to drive audience attendance
- Electronic direct mail (EDM) copywriting, creation and deployment
- Social Media and community management across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Managing the effective distribution of marketing materials, both print and online, including but not limited to tickets, pre-event flyers and VIP cards
- Managing marketing and ticket enquiries, online and via phone
- Execution of sponsor / partner marketing deliverables
- Assisting with the preparation of event marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, tickets and invitations
- Maintenance of the website, including uploading of Fair Program
- Management of interns and street team
- Roll out of sponsorship marketing deliverables
- Onsite management of communications, media, visitor flow and entrance
- Minimum bachelor’s degree with a preference in marketing, communications or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing, ideally within the arts industry or events/conference industry
- Experience in ticket sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Photoshop
- Highly efficient organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of social media and digital marketing
- Ability to work independently and take direction as required
- Preferred skills: Wordpress and EDM software experience
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send through your CV and a tailored Cover Letter addressing key criteria outlining why you would like to work at Sydney Contemporary and what you will bring to the role to Lyn Moran, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org