Head of Production
HEAD OF PRODUCTION
- You are experienced in radio.
- You understand all the technology in the broadcast chain – from live and recording studios through to broadcast and transmission facilities.
- You are a competent IT person able to consult with IT support professionals as well as devise and implement ICT strategies.
- Your oversight of hardware and software gives you a systems overview of the station operations from office to on-air, from on-air to online.
- You will be alert to convergence and the technology that will support it.
- You will have proven skills overseeing and implementing technological upgrades and changes.
- You will provide recording services to a culturally diverse client base managing the turnover of 4 busy studios.
You will be the Head of Production for Planet FM, the community-access radio station that serves the diverse communities of the Auckland region. As a public service, not-for-profit broadcaster, the station delivers over 100 programmes each week, transmitting to Auckland from the Skytower.
The station broadcasts in over 30 languages and deals with clients from many cultures and backgrounds. An ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with people from diverse backgrounds, ages and abilities is an essential skill.
It is well suited to someone who enjoys people and supports their skills development and engagement with audio. You will be one of four staff who will help steer the future direction of station services, including the pending relocation to our new premises.
You will liaise with operational staff, contracted IT and Broadcast Technical services.
Your experience and work-style in a not-for-profit setting will help decide the salary.