Auckland Theatre Company (ATC) invites applications for the role of Technical Manager for a fixed-term contract of employment, from June/July 2021 until December 2021.
Working alongside ATC’s Director, Production, the Technical Manager’s focus is on the scoping, research, problem solving and delivery of all technical aspects across lighting, sound, AV, set electrics, control and data networking for all productions across the ATC annual programme.
In addition to working closely with the Director, Production and the creative teams of directors, designers, stage managers and crews to deliver the technical requirements for each ATC production, the Technical Manager liaises directly with suppliers and venue personnel as required across a range of live performing arts venues, predominantly the ASB Waterfront Theatre, located in Auckland’s Wynyard Quarter.
It is expected that the Technical Manager will deliver an exemplary standard of production and technical competency for all ATC productions with a high degree of health and safety competency and experience.
ATC produces an annual season of mainbill productions, a Youth Arts Festival, runs a Creative Learning programme, develops new work through its Literary Department and tours work nationally and internationally.
The ATC Technical Manager will be based between the ATC rehearsal studios located on Dominion Road and the ASB Waterfront Theatre.
ATC seeks a senior, established Technical Manager with at least six years of professional high-level experience in managing the technical operation of large-scale live performing arts projects and venues ranging in size from mid-scale to opera house.
We are looking for a person with the following principal attributes and skills:
- A sophisticated knowledge of the artistic process of creating work for the stage and how to plan and integrate the technical and production aspects for successful realization on stage;
- Health and safety training and qualifications;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, including the management of internal and external resources;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & other production specific software and technical drawing programmes;
- Experience with forecasting, scheduling, budgeting and real-time technical management;
- Strong industry networks nationally and a developed understanding of the performing arts scene in Tāmaki Makaurau.
To request a full position description please email email@example.com