Brand Design Manager
- Take that next step up in your career.
- Join a high-profile arts and live entertainment organisation.
- Be part of a collaborative, highly motivated and fun team.
Auckland Live and Auckland Conventions, Venues & Events are the trusted leaders in performing arts, culture, entertainment, and events. We are seeking a hands-on Brand Design Manager ready to step up and lead a team to successfully conceptualise and craft design and visual solutions that connect audiences to live entertainment while elevating the Auckland Live brand profile.
Who we are:
As custodian to some of the most iconic venues in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland, we are New Zealand’s only major integrated performing arts centre, underpinned by a commercial conventions business, with a focus on presenting the best of national and international performing arts, conventions, meetings, and entertainment, as well as a range of community-focused programmes that all contribute towards a culturally rich Auckland.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
You will be articulate and confident in communicating design concepts while being open to feedback and driven by solutions. Being a team player is essential as this is a crucial role in a high performing marketing team that works closely with a variety of external and internal stakeholders. You will manage multiple projects at a time while demonstrating flexibility in your workflow to accommodate team development, upskilling, relationship building and problem solving.
The successful applicant will be highly proficient in Adobe Software – Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office – and possess experience in the video production process. Photography skills – shooting and directing - will be highly advantageous.
He kōrero mōu: About you
To be a success in this role you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Graphic Design or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an in-house or design studio environment.
- To be well versed in creating impactful and meaningful design solutions and able to demonstrate a diverse range of your own work, from concept to final execution.
- Evidence of being a highly experienced designer with good technical knowledge of design tools and trends.
- Experience coordinating studio workflow and managing team and client relationships - from brief to final delivery.
- Experience managing and overseeing work of staff member/s and contractors.
- Proven ability to manage a team.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
This is a permanent full-time position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with the occasional requirement to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
You will be offered a challenge, huge variety and a real opportunity to develop the Auckland Live brand and take it to the next level! You’ll also have access to a range of fantastic Auckland Unlimited and Auckland Council benefits, including house tickets and a range of other partnership discounts!
Tono inaianei: Apply Now!
You must supply a portfolio showcasing your own work.
Please apply now via below link in the first instance and for more information and a Position Description please email email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 27th June at 11.59PM
Auckland Unlimited, a CCO of Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.