Visitor Experience Team Leader | Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki
Closes28 Jul 2021
Posted on14 Jul 2021
Work typeFull time employment
Work classificationCommunity & Access Arts, Culture & Heritage, Management & Admin
We are Auckland’s wharenui (home) for authentic and meaningful engagement with art for all; we are the foremost platform for the art of Aotearoa New Zealand in the world; we respect our past to inform the present and contribute to the future; we are kaitiaki (custodians) of art; we care for and conserve our collections and create new avenues of access.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced people leader with a passion for collaboration leading our Visitor Experience team. In this role, you will lead and support the delivery of outstanding service at the Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki to provide irresistible, enriching, and accessible experiences for the people of the region and to those who visit our city
We would look to you to:
- Take responsibility for manaakitanga, the care and support of visitors to the Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki
- Manage the day to day performance of the Gallery Assistant team providing constructive coaching and development.
- Take a lead in the recruitment, induction and training of the Gallery Assistants
- Support Gallery Assistants in dealing with enquiries from visitors and respond to escalated visitor enquiries.
- Ensure the safety and security of visitors, staff and works of art through the implementation of agreed health, safety and security procedures.
- Maintain open and effective communication with the security, programmes, education, and events teams.
- Play an active role in developing the strategy for the Visitor Experience team of the future
He kōrero mōu: About you
- A tertiary qualification or relevant experience in a relevant arts field.
- Substantial experience working in a front-line service role.
- Experience managing a team
- Capability and passion to lead and motivate our dynamic Gallery Assistants.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
This is a front-line position working from Sunday to Thursday for 40 hours per week. If you are interested in stepping up to a leadership opportunity, then apply now!
Applications close Wednesday 28th of July 2021.
This position is deemed a safety-sensitive position and will require pre-employment drug testing.
For further information on Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki, please visit our website:
Contact Aimee Johnson at email email@example.com for a position description.
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.