The Publications Editor is responsible for the planning, production and delivery of the NZIFF printed programme catalogues for 13 New Zealand regions. This role also contributes to the development of copy and editorial for the NZIFF website and other marketing usage, both in print and online, and the delivery of key marketing collateral for the festival. The role has a supervisory element.
Required Skills and Experience Include
- Extensive experience working in publication editing and production
- Advanced researching, copywriting and editing skills
- Extensive knowledge and strong interest in international film culture
- Advanced knowledge of print production processes and requirements including understanding of colour for low-vision readers
- Computer literacy: Advanced Adobe software skills (Photoshop, InDesign), and Intermediate user of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and experience using project management, scheduling or CRM software/platforms
- Experience instructing and supervising others
- Highly effective time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Manager, Festival Director and Head of Programming to develop the programme brochure outline including structure of programme, grouping of films and how readers navigate through film selection
- Select and brief programme note copywriters (Note: a large chunk of this work will have already taken place) and undertake editing required to prepare notes for publication
- Research and write copy for programme catalogues including programme notes, introductions and supplementary information
- Work with Communications and Marketing Manager and Festival Director to select imagery for printed programme catalogues and website
- Work with design agency and contracted Graphic Designer to finalise templates for programme catalogue pages including advising on colour usage
- In conjunction with Communications and Marketing Manager, develop pagination for programme catalogues.
- Ensure programme notes and all credits are accurate and ready for layout
- Work with Graphic Designer on layout and production of the printed programme catalogues through to preparation for print ensuring robust proofing has been undertaken and adhering to deadlines
- Ensure advertisements meet technical requirements
- Oversee schedule checking process ensuring schedules, film notes and programme information are accurate
- Work with printer to ensure files meet requirements for print
- Work with Communications and Marketing Manager and Online Content Coordinator to develop copy for website.
- Provide base copy on films for Promotions Team use including use for media releases, media pitches, and social media.
- Design and deliver marketing collateral including print advertising, static slides, digital advertising, billboards, posters, and venue marketing.
- Oversee Publications Coordinator in project management of copy coordination, editing and proofing.
Term of Employment This is a full-time contract position for the period of 9 August to 14 November 2021.
This position can be based either in Auckland or Wellington
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or must already hold a valid NZ work visa