Film Logistics Manager
OrganisationNew Zealand International Film Festival
Closes27 Jul 2021
Posted on17 Jul 2021
Work typeFull time employment, Contract, Fixed Term
Work classificationTechnical Staff & Logistics, Digital & Technology, Screen & Sound
The Film Logistics Manager is responsible for managing the accuracy and integrity of film data, and the smooth and efficient delivery of films and related content, to ensure all festival screenings nationwide proceed as planned. The role has a supervisory component.
Required Skills and Experience Include:
- Computing Literacy: Highly advanced in Excel and intermediate skills in other Microsoft Office software, as well as Dropbox and Google suite
- Absolute accuracy in data entry and information management
- Working knowledge of film exhibition equipment and procedures, particularly digital cinema
- High confidence in a technical environment, be tech-savvy and able to become quickly acquainted, and work with, technical terminology and equipment
- Ability to work under pressure, identify and effectively manage stress in self and others
- Highly competent scheduling and problem-solving skills
- Experience instructing and supervising others
- Advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
Ideally, the successful candidate would also have:
- A good understanding of freight movement, both national and international is advantageous
- Experience working in festival or event production and delivery, or a similar environment is advantageous
- Experience with film exhibition equipment and procedures, particularly digital cinema and projection
Manage and complete all film logistics processes and outputs, including:
- Film Data and Logistics
- Manage and input into the festival database containing all films’ technical and screening information.
- Liaise with programmers, rightsholders and other festivals to determine and collate all technical information for each film including all relevant inbound and outbound movements to be managed.
- Manage and administer the collection and forwarding of all screening material (films and related content), equipment, and other items to/from local and international rightsholders, NZIFF and festival venues.
- Oversee the production and coordination of scheduling tools for the programming team.
- Ensure that the film schedule (completed by programming) is practical, logistically achievable, and technically possible in each venue.
- Manage and execute the input of confirmed schedules into a database and assist with the schedule proofing process.
- Prepare, manage, and distribute scheduling and technical information to NZIFF and venue teams.
- Utilising existing tools, generate and format scheduling data for use in publications.
- Compile venue and rightsholder schedule confirmations of confirmed screening times.
- Assist with proofing technical information for NZIFF publications.
- Manage downloading, duplication, and despatch of screening material via external suppliers.
- Request Key Delivery Messages (KDMs) from rightsholders for all encrypted content.
- Liaise with venues to ensure Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs) are tested and preloaded onto servers as required, and KDMs are received and functional.
- Oversee the work of the logistics team and ensure the team is adequately resourced, trained and on task.
- Identify and report risks and issues in a timely and proactive manner.
Term of Employment
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 9 August to 10 December 2021.
This position is based in Wellington.