Digital Content Assistant
Leading international platform for contemporary art, Ocula.com is seeking applications for a junior Content Assistant to join our busy Auckland team.
This unique position will provide the successful applicant with hands-on experience working in a digital environment servicing the international contemporary art market. With offices in Auckland and London this is a rare opportunity to begin a career in the international contemporary art world, learning from industry leaders, using innovative technologies and working across multiple markets.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Gallery Memberships, the role will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the content management team ensuring the smooth delivery of service to Ocula Gallery members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Gallery Liaison team in management of Ocula Gallery Member profiles including loading exhibitions, art fair catalogues, publications, press, and video materials
- Keeping exhibition calendars up-to-date
- Checking bi-weekly newsletters image captions and liaising with the editorial team as required
- Captioning artwork images
- Completing regular audits of member profile pages
- Additional administrative support as required
Key Competencies & Experience:
- University Degree in either Art History, Communications, or Languages (can be currently enrolled in relevant course)
- Advanced PC skills using Apple. Most of the required tasks are focused on using our own CMS for which full training and support will be provided.
- Experience working with digital applications, Photoshop and InDesign are desirable.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Hours and Location:
- Initially this contract will be for 20 hours per week located in our central Auckland office.