Events & Membership Coordinator
OrganisationDirectors & Editors Guild of NZ
Closes10 Aug 2021
Posted on22 Jul 2021
Work classificationManagement & Admin, Marketing & Media, Screen & Sound
The Directors & Editors Guild of NZ is a not-for-profit organisation and union that works to ensure the creative, cultural and financial well-being of New Zealand directors, editors and assistant editors across screen and new media.
We are looking for a short-term contractor to join our small, dedicated team in Grey Lynn to assist us with events programmes, workshops, social media marketing, email campaigns, membership administration and office management support.
As Events & Membership Coordinator, you will primarily work alongside the Events & Marketing Manager. This is a new, part-time contractor position starting in early September and ending in mid-December with the possibility of being extended in 2022.
You’ll be able to provide 10 to 15 hours per week during weekdays in our office and at evening events, plus additional weekend hours to assist with workshops when needed. The hourly rate is $22.75 to $25 based on skills and experience. Weekday hours are fairly flexible and would suit a freelancer working in the screen industry with a dedication to the growth and nurture of the New Zealand screen industry, particularly for directors and editors.
You’ll be responsible for
- coordinating and marketing events and talks for our members and those run in association with other screen industry guilds and organisations.
- processing memberships bi-monthly and keeping information in the membership database tidy and up-to-date.
- drafting and producing creative and compelling email campaigns, social media messages and collateral that are on-brand.
You will also provide support to the Events & Marketing Manager
- preparing workshop materials and marketing collateral
- liaising with speakers/tutors, volunteer board members, screen guilds/organisations and regional film offices.
- general administration
- A team collaborator who can also work independently and manage a workload within set hours
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Highly organised and logistical
- Proven administration skills
- Basic graphic design skills
- Practical knowledge of social media marketing on Facebook and Instagram; knowledge of LinkedIn and Twitter is also useful but not essential
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Google Docs and Google Drive; familiarity with WordPress.org and Mailchimp is helpful
- Have a good sense of discretion, privacy and humour
Although training will be provided, we are looking for a fast learner who can hit the ground running.