Wellington Festival Manager
OrganisationNew Zealand International Film Festival
Closes20 Aug 2021
Posted on11 Aug 2021
Work typeFull time employment, Contract, Fixed Term
Work classificationManagement & Admin, Screen & Sound
This role is responsible for the event management and ticketing of NZIFF in Wellington. Working closely with the wider festival team, ensure venues, events and screenings are adequately staffed, run smoothly and information is well communicated between NZIFF, venues, suppliers and talent. Manage the ticketing operation to ensure effective, accurate and efficient sales of tickets, reporting, and financial reconciliation. The role has a supervisory component.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / NGĀ TAKOHANGA
- Ensure staffing for all screenings and events
- Recruit, roster, train, and manage NZIFF venue managers, floor staff and volunteers, ensuring all parties have a clear understanding of lines of responsibility for all staffing at all venues.
- Recruit, roster, train, and manage cinema and box office ticketing staff, and projectionists as required.
- Manage the build and delivery of the NZIFF Wellington ticketing operation, ensuring effective, accurate and efficient sales of tickets.
- Ensure efficiency of all booking processes, including successful integration with the website.
- Ensure ticketing data provided for the event build is accurate and complete.
- Ensure classification requirements are met.
- Manage the financial reporting and reconciliation of box office revenue.
- Manage the prompt and effective resolution of customer complaints, issues or queries.
- Assist with the planning of, and manage and execute delivery of NZIFF events.
- Be the key liaison for Wellington venues, assisting with communication to ensure venues have promotional and screening materials required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE / NGĀ PUKENGA
- Experience in cinema, theatre or venue management
- Experience managing a roster of staff
- Experience instructing and supervising others
- A good understanding of venue ticketing systems
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure, identify and effectively manage stress in self and others
- Advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft suite, Dropbox, and Google suite
- Confident public speaker
- Experience working in festival or event production and delivery, or a similar environment an advantage
- Experience managing volunteers
- Full, clean drivers’ licence
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT / TE ROA O TE MAHI TAHI
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 30 August – 26 November 2021 based in Wellington.