Taki Rua Productions - Aotearoa's Foremost Māori Theatre Company.
Taki Rua produce, commission and develop theatre with a distinctively Māori voice. We collaborate with the brightest voices in our industry, touring productions both locally and internationally.
Taki Rua are now seeking a Kaiāwhina Whai Pūtea (Funding Assistant) on a fixed term contract (1 November 2021 – 23 December 2022, start date negotiable).
The Kaiāwhina Whai Pūtea supports the funding, sponsorship, grant, equity, in-contra arrangements and related applications of the productions and operations of Taki Rua Productions Society Incorporated (Taki Rua). Through this work, the Kaiāwhina Whai Pūtea upholds and advances the values of Taki Rua and extends its strength and effectiveness as the leading national Māori theatre and performing arts production company. The Kaiāwhina Whai Pūtea reports to the Kaiwhakahaere Matua (General Manager).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below.
- Primarily assist the Kaiwhakahaere Pūtea (Funding Manager) and ocassionally the Kaiwhakatairanga (Marketing and Communications Coordinator) to fulfil their roles within revenue generation for Taki Rua.
- Clearly communicate with the Kaiwhakahaere Pūtea and Kaiwhakatairanga by keeping them fully informed of all developments.
- Draft for approval grant applications for Taki Rua.
- Compile and format grant applications.
- Keep records of applications and amounts received.
- Report to Kaiwhakahaere Pūtea for each application.
- Acquit all grants accurately and efficiently.
- Compile and format sponsorship applications.
- Assist the Kaiwhakahaere Pūtea to ensure that sponsors are serviced efficiently and effectively.
- Draft for approval funding reports to sponsors post production.
Print and Marketing Collateral
- Assist to prepare print marketing materials such as flyers, posters, invitations and newspaper copy.
- Archive marketing materials.
Audience Engagement and Development
- Obtain information from funders, sponsors, venues, ticketing agencies, festivals etc, to add to CRM database.
- Obtain feedback from production and event audiences and record feedback in CRM database for reporting.
- Collate key funder accountability materials and reports within the agreed timeframe.
- Enter funding requirements and deadlines into relevant calendars.
- Assist to develop processes to ensure that all information required to increase sponsorship activity is available within the specified time frame.
- Obtain documents/current letters of support to be attached to sponsor applications.
- Advance and uphold Ngā Uara o Taki Rua:
- Manaakitanga: engagements and relationships with all persons and groups are based on mutual trust, honesty, respect and reciprocity.
- Whanaungatanga: the importance of collaboration and mutual support in accordance with the dynamic of whanaungatanga is acknowledged in our internal and external relationships.
- Pūkengatanga: we aspire towards excellence in all of our dealings with others in order to create high quality outcomes in all areas.
- Kotahitanga: by working together we will enhance the mana and support the aspirations of Taki Rua and advance the interests of Māori theatre in Aotearoa.
- Kaitiakitanga: Taki Rua has responsibilities as kaitiaki in relation to the origins and past work of Taki Rua, the members of Taki Rua and the wider Māori theatre community, and the kōrero and mātauranga of the iwi and hapū of Aotearoa that is shared and expressed through Te Whare Tapere.
- Uphold the usage of te reo Māori and tikanga Māori in all Taki Rua processes and productions to maintain the intention that Taki Rua continues to celebrate, embrace and promote mātauranga Māori.
This role has a salary range of $45,000 - $65,000 per annum, depending on skill set and experience.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For any questions contact us at HR@takirua.co.nz
How to apply
To apply, please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter expressing your interest in the role to us at HR@takirua.co.nz before 11pm on Sunday 12th September 2021 . A shortlist will be selected to interview.