Closes20 Sep 2021
Posted on6 Sep 2021
Work typeFull time employment
Work classificationCommunity & Access Arts, Marketing & Media, Other
- Join New Zealand's leading arts and live entertainment organisation
- Passionate, supportive team environment
- Full-time, permanent role
Auckland Live is part of the Arts, Entertainment and Events rōpū of Auckland Unlimited. We are seeking a Sponsorship Manager to develop and implement a well-developed strategic plan and portfolio for sponsorship, fund raising and donations for Auckland Live. The role will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with existing key corporate partners and donors to ensure ongoing business and future partnerships.
Who we are:
As custodian to some of the most iconic venues in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland we are New Zealand’s only major integrated performing arts centre, underpinned by a commercial conventions business, with a focus on presenting the best of national and international performing arts, conventions, meetings, and entertainment, as well as a range of community-focused programmes that all contribute towards a culturally rich Auckland.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
An exciting opportunity for an experienced sponsorship broker and relationship builder to develop a dynamic sponsorship programme for Auckland Live. The key purpose of this role is to develop, manage and implement the sponsorship portfolio to build Auckland Live’s partnerships, donations, and philanthropy.
You will manage stewardship of benefits across all relationships to actively develop and grow Auckland Live’s opportunity for revenue generation through sponsorship, partnerships, and individual and corporate donations.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated person with strong networks to deliver a cohesive and appropriate sponsorship portfolio that offers sponsors benefits with Auckland Live that span the depth and breadth of our programme, venues, and experiential offerings.
He kōrero mōu: About you
To be successful in the role you will possess the vision to create a sponsorship programme and put together a structured offering of different sponsorship levels.
You will have strong business development skills in influencing and negotiating and be experienced in working at a senior level with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally to set up the structures for sponsorship partnerships.
You will have the talent to drive, implement and develop the sponsorship strategies for Auckland Live.
Key areas of responsibility
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for sponsorship and donations in conjunction with Auckland Live’s General Manager, Marketing and Ticketing.
- Oversee the management of current Auckland Live sponsorships, ensuring the contractual agreements are delivered to a high level, and successfully build upon partnerships with our sponsors to ensure partnership renewal.
- Build and secure tailored partnerships and sponsorship proposals in response to identified opportunities and future business requirements.
- Create, develop, and implement an online donation and fundraising platform.
- Negotiate contracts and partnership agreements in liaison with the General Manager, Marketing and Ticketing, which are aligned to Auckland Unlimited’s business objectives.
- Deliver exceptional stakeholder and relationship experiences both internally and externally.
- Work collaboratively with other Auckland Unlimited business divisions and their sponsorship departments to support a collective approach to sponsors, philanthropy, and donors.
- Achieve key financial milestones and maximise revenue generation through sponsorship and fundraising.
- Work on the evaluation and review for growth of all sponsorships and donations.
- Be commercially astute and results driven as well as a self-starter with the confidence and capability to work autonomously.
A tertiary qualification in business, marketing or related discipline is preferred as well as at least five year’s background and proven experience in a comparable sponsorship, fundraising or similar role.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
An opportunity to take your next career step in a high profile and dynamic environment and develop the Sponsorship Manager role into something to be proud of. You will also have access to a range of fantastic Auckland Unlimited and Auckland Council benefits, including tickets to local and international shows and events, as well as a range of other partnership discounts.
If you are passionate about the performing arts and live events, and want to make an impact on the cultural and creative future of Auckland, apply today.
Applications close Monday 20 September 2021.
Auckland Unlimited, a CCO of Auckland Council, is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.