At Chiron – Lewis Eady we believe that every child deserves excellent teaching, right from the day they begin learning music.
Across our four schools - Albany School of Music, Remuera Music Academy, Lewis Eady Music School and the soon-to-be-opened Chiron Rock School - we employ passionate, highly-skilled and experienced teachers, in order to provide children and young people with the best possible learning opportunities.
Our goal is to foster a lifelong love of music; and, through this, aim to create an environment that nourishes, inspires, and stimulate students at all ages and levels, from pre-schoolers right through to those ready to make a career.
Please note this role is for Albany School of Music and Remuera Music Academy.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Design and tailor a curriculum to each individual student’s abilities and learning style;
- Be well prepared for each lesson, with learning resources and assessments as necessary;
- Support some students to prepare for music examinations in schools or with international examination boards such as ABRSM or Trinity College London.
Communication is key! To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, including a broad age range, different ethnicities and educational backgrounds.
In addition, you will be able to:
- Build rapport quickly and easily, listen in order to understand and analyse problems, and be able to identify solutions to overcome learning challenges;
- Have a Bachelor degree in performance and/or pedagogy;
- Preferably have some previous teaching experience (specialised training in teaching children is highly desirable).
In return, we are able to offer you a choice of job location – Albany or Remuera – as well as provide flexibility in regards to teaching hours – either full-time or part-time.