Manager Community Place - Library
• Leadership opportunity to make a real difference to the community
• Enjoy the benefits of working in a supportive and high performing work environment
• 2x Permanent fulltime positions, one currently based at Titirangi Library and one at Rānui Library
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Your role will be to meet the Auckland Plan objectives with a focus on improving belonging and participation, inclusion and connection.
With passion and innovation your team will address the needs and priorities of the local board and local communities and provide a safe, professional and welcoming environment for customers and staff.
Among others, your day-to-day duties will be to:
• Facilitate and grow staff, community and partner-led activity to deliver services including programmes and events that enhance identity, connect people and build a sense of belonging
• Undertake facility management, manage the recruitment and induction of staff, as well as the mentoring, upskilling and coaching of existing staff
• Provide people leadership to develop our community-based staff for delivering excellence in visitor experiences, ensuring through your work that Te ao Māori is evident in all aspects of service design and delivery
He kōrero mōu: About you
You will have 5+ years leadership experience in a customer service and/or community engagement setting, bringing with you your innovative thinking, strong stakeholder management skills and an ability to build rapport with a wide range of people.
You understand the importance of relationships with Māori in Tāmaki Makaurau and have knowledge of local iwi and places of importance to them.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
• Well-developed people leadership capabilities including embedding change within the team
• The ability to coach, develop and inspire others
• Working collaboratively to drive successful delivery across team
• Understanding of business management, financial management and evidence-based service planning, and reporting
• Strong commitment to customer service excellence and customer relationship management
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
There are two roles available, one opportunity is currently based at the Titirangi Library (six-day service) requiring flexibility to work across the Waitākere Ranges Local Board. The other role is currently based at Rānui Library (7-day service) requiring flexibility to work across the Henderson-Massey Local Board. These roles are permanent opportunities working 40 hours per week on a variable schedule.
Auckland Council is one of the largest local authorities in the South Pacific providing essential services and facilities to more than 1.5 million people. We are committed to environmental action and green growth to achieve our vision of becoming the world’s most liveable city.
In return for your hard work, you can expect a flexible and supportive work environment. Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini. My success is not mine alone, but the success of many.
You will be offered a challenge, huge variety and a real opportunity to make a difference to the community.
You’ll also have access to a range of fantastic Auckland Council benefits, including discounted Leisure Centre membership and a range of other partnership discounts!
Tono inaianei: Apply Now!
If you have the required experience and a passion for developing life-long learners who think and act sustainably, then we want to hear from you!
Applications close Sunday 19th September at 11.59PM
Auckland Council is committed to the protection and wellbeing of children. This role is classified as a Children's Worker role under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014. As such applicants will be required to undergo police vetting prior to commencing employment. Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory police check.
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.