Location Te Haukāinga, Level 1, 274 Taranaki Street, Wellington
Type Full Time Permanent Employment
Role Title Kaiwhakahaere Hanga Hōtaka (Production Manager)
Salary Band $65,000 - $90,000 per annum, depending on experience
Taki Rua Productions - Aotearoa's Foremost Māori Theatre Company.
Taki Rua produce, commission and develop theatre with a distinctively Māori voice. We collaborate with the brightest voices in our industry, touring productions locally, nationally and internationally.
Since 1983, Taki Rua has been an arts industry leader – a creative rule breaker, continually evolving the definition of Māori theatre. We exist to connect our past and present and ensure Māori voices are heard worldwide.
Each year our team develop new works, supporting a range of talent and ensuring Māori theatre remains bold and contemporary. Our productions offer important contributions to New Zealand’s creative discourse, providing insight into the development of our nation.
Taki Rua are now seeking a Kaiwhakahaere Hanga Hōtaka (Production Manager) for full time permanent employment.
The Kaiwhakahaere Hanga Hōtaka manages and supports the delivery of the productions, events and related operations of Taki Rua Productions Society Incorporated (Taki Rua) as a leading Māori Theatre and performing arts production company. They coordinate production staff and contractors to deliver our presentations that tour locally, nationally and internationally.
To be successful in this role..
- You have demonstrated experience in arts management within the performing arts industry.
- You have an awareness of, and ideally competency in, te ao Māori environments, coupled with a recognition of the implications of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- You are a collaborative leader with the ability to think on their feet and engage meaningfully with arts professionals.
- You have excellent communication skills, influencing skills and stakeholder relationship management.
- You are digitally savvy including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite and CRM platforms.
- You will hold at least a Class 1 Full Drivers Licence.
We can offer you…
- An exciting, inclusive and supportive working environment.
- A competitive salary.
- Development opportunities with te reo Māori and tīkanga Māori.
- Various professional development opportunities.
- A genuine flexible working environment.
- Computer and mobile phone.
Click here to view the full job description.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to apply
To apply, please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter expressing your interest in the role to us at HR@takirua.co.nz before 11pm on Sunday 10th October 2021. A shortlist will be selected to interview.
For any questions contact us at HR@takirua.co.nz