Community Outreach Coordinator
About the role:
Creative Sounds Society (CSSI) is looking for someone passionate about original music, creative expression, community engagement and accessibility to join our team at The Stomach as our Community Outreach Coordinator, a new position.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will support CSSI & The Stomach to develop our outreach activities and connect new users to our facilities and services. They will facilitate workshops and events, engage with our users, members and stakeholders, coordinate newsletters and social media, and improve accessibility to The Stomach in our diverse community. This role will have a strong focus on making The Stomach more accessible for people who negotiate greater challenges and barriers to access.
About Creative Sounds Society & The Stomach:
Creative Sounds Society Inc is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the encouragement of creative musical, artistic, and performance activities. For over 30 years we have run an all-ages and accessible live music venue, recording studio and rehearsal spaces known as The Stomach in Palmerston North.
We are looking for someone passionate about music who has the skillset and motivation to coordinate outreach in our local music community. Ideally you will be comfortable working with diverse people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. You’ll be innovative, solution oriented, and keen to maximise the potential of our community facilities.
Ideally, you will have the following:
- A passion for, knowledge of, and active interest in creative and contemporary music
- Experience in community development / music therapy / music teaching
- Some experience and knowledge of audio technology
- Some experience of event management
- Knowledge of The Stomach, Creative Sounds Society and our local music community
- Great communication skills
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter to CSSI.firstname.lastname@example.org
- This role is offered as a full-time, fixed-term position for a period of three years.
- The primary place of work will be in-person at The Stomach, 84 Lombard St Palmerston North.
Please note: If you are not a New Zealand citizen, you must hold current eligibility to work in New Zealand in order to work for Creative Sounds Society. You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.