Are you committed to connecting people with the Arts?
Do you have experience of organising projects and turning plans into activity?
The White Room Creative Space has an exciting new opportunity for two 0.5FTE contractor/contracted positions to grow and develop our new outreach programme.
We are looking for two motivated and pro-active Arts Facilitators, to help shape, contribute to and support the successful running of the new programme. You will become key members of the team, tasked with running an inclusive, rich and varied programme of events, participatory workshops, exhibitions and creative projects.
The White Room Creative Space is part of SkillWise. The SkillWise mission is to work in partnership with people, their families and whānau to assist in creating a life where people are valued as full participating citizens through work, education and having fun! We strive to help people to integrate and participate in their communities in ways that enhance their quality of life. So they can live the life they want.
Responsibilities and Duties
The overall aim of the project is to remove barriers to participation for those with access issues to arts and creative activities. This will be achieved through the implementation of an outreach programme providing art and creative opportunities to people who, cannot participate in arts and creative activities, or enjoy the associated benefits this brings.
The programme will be driven by the needs of the participants/artists, so an ability to be flexible and responsive to their needs will be essential.
The outreach programme involves a series of creative interventions, workshops and activities across Ōtautahi | Christchurch, that will enable participants to access the many and varied art and creative opportunities that the City can provide. As part of our funding agreement with the Ministry of Culture and Heritage and Arts Access Aotearoa, there will be ongoing evaluation of the project, this will be through the collection of data in different forms. The Art Facilitator’s will be part of this process ensuring they track the progress and collect feedback from participants for ongoing improvements to the programmes.
Ideal personal skills, knowledge and attributes for the job
Please note this is just a guide, do apply if you have transferable skills and even if you do not meet every single requirement:
• commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi
• creativity in one or more art forms and an understanding of the creative process
• the ability to help the creativity of others and work collaboratively with creative professionals
• organisational and administrative skills
• awareness of the context of the work, including issues of social regeneration and inclusion
• a commitment to culturally responsive practice
• knowledge of the specific needs of diverse community groups, including people with intellectual disabilities and/or vulnerable populations
• an enthusiasm for working with groups in the community and a willingness to build relationships with these different groups
• ability to work creatively and innovatively to support the delivery of engagement activities
• strong interpersonal skills, patience, empathy, a positive approach and respect for others
• project management skills
• flexibility and adaptability
• demonstrable enthusiasm and aptitude for a role in cultural engagement
• some working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook or similar software applications.
The positions are offered as fixed term for three years 0.5FTE
Salary is $20,000 pa ($40,000 pro rata full time equivalent)
Hours of work will be negotiated to meet staffing and programme delivery needs
You can bring support to your interview and application workshop in the form of whānau or other people you feel secure with and who know you well.
If you need any other support or have access needs to apply for the job please get in contact.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close when the right candidates are found, but please complete and return your application 10 days from when you have received this job information pack.
Please outline your approach and what you would bring to the role, and include examples of your creative work and projects or an online link.
Please enclose the names of 2 referees, and your CV, which should reflect your suitability for the position.
Offer of employment will be subject to police vetting