We are recruiting for an exceptional talent to come and manage our dynamic and thriving Auckland Contemporary NZ Art Gallery.
The General Manager reports to the owners and is responsible for (amongst other things):
- Leading the sales team to meet monthly sales targets
- Curating our annual exhibition schedule, plus other national/international exhibitions that showcase the work of our 29 Artists
- Active artist career development and mentoring
- Tapping into their network of collectors, benefactors and patrons to support Sanderson’s 29 Artists
- Managing our talented team of 4, delivering a 7 day a week premium retail experience in the Osborne Lane precinct, including regular exhibition openings which are typically held on Saturday over coffee and croissants
- Funding and awards applications
- Managing an annual advertising budget, and working our social media channels to their maximum potential
- Writing articles and interviews, facilitating artist talks and studio tours
- Curating and coordinating our attendance at Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne Art Fairs
- Provision of the full suite of professional services provided by the Gallery, including delivery and installation of Artworks, in-home consultations, client framing, national and international freight services
The key skills you will need to be successful in this role include:
- Exceptional relationship, people management and artwork sales skills
- A degree in art and/or a degree with relevant Gallery experience in a similar role 2-10 years
- A systematic and organised approach, with an absolute passion for what you do
- Xero, In-design, Photography skills
- Art writing skills
- Drivers licence
It is an exciting time to join Sanderson. We have navigated the Covid era successfully and our clients are loyal to our accessible, professional and friendly premium contemporary NZ Gallery experience. Our stable of Artists are dedicated and fun to work with, and they remain loyal to us through our highly organised exhibition schedule, advertising investments and our exceptionally talented team. Come and make a difference with us.
This is a full-time role, primarily Tuesday – Saturday. Annual salary to be discussed depending on experience, plus sales incentives.