Arohanui Strings is a groundbreaking musical charity and part of the global El Sistema network of music programmes for children from underserved communities. Founded 11 years ago, Arohanui Strings now provides free musical instruments, music lessons, orchestra and concert opportunities for hundreds of children in Wellington and the Hutt Valley.
We are looking for a motivated and organized administrator to manage the day-to-day operations of the organization, including finances, fundraising and reporting requirements. You will be supported by a very engaged Board of Trustees and work alongside our fantastic pool of tutors and teachers. This a part-time position (25-30 hours/week), working from home with travel to meetings/events as required.
Skills, experience and personal attributes required include:
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising, particularly with trusts & foundations and donors
- Strong administrative skills, with a good level of comfort in writing board reports.
- Financial management including ability to use accounting software (Xero or MYOB)
- Supports our mission to create social change through teaching music (no musical expertise required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – adept at creating and maintaining strong relationships with funders and partners
- High levels of cultural understanding and empathy, and can manage conflicts, is proactive and assertive.
- Has a car and a full driver’s licence - the job is WFH, but our groups are in Taita, Stokes Valley, Miramar and Mt Cook, and some travelling around the groups will be necessary
- Independent and a self-starter, able to work from home
- Can be flexible with work hours (25-30 hours per week, some evenings and weekends).