Marketing Executive-Audience Development
- Join New Zealand's leading arts, entertainment, and events organisation.
- Bring your marketing skills, creative ideas, and digital talents to showcase the vibrant culture of Auckland's iconic performing arts venues.
- Working with artists and other creatives to bring to life new shows and ideas.
- Two Full-Time permanent opportunities
Auckland Live is a leader in live arts and entertainment and an active contributor to the vibrancy and creativity of our city. As part of Auckland Unlimited – Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland’s economic and cultural agency, we are committed to making our region a desirable place to live, work, visit, invest, and do business. As custodians to some of Auckland’s most iconic event venues we present live arts performances and experiences that support the creative sector and provide opportunities for people of all ages to engage with the arts.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Reporting to the Marketing and Audience Development Manager, the two Marketing Executive’s will be engaged in planning and delivering full-service marketing campaigns that will support events/shows programmed and presented by Auckland Live while also improve the cultural fabric of our city. The positions will also provide marketing advice and support for ticketed and free events happening in our venues which includes music gigs to comedy, orchestra concerts to theatre shows and festivals.
Working alongside Auckland Live venue clients (producers, promoters, visiting companies and agencies), the Marketing Executives play a critical role in achieving event campaign goals, maximize audience attendance, drive revenue stream, and boost our Auckland Live and Auckland Unlimited brand.
Click link to access position description.
He kōrero mōu: About you
To be a success in this role you will demonstrate:
- The ability to plan, deliver and monitor marketing, digital and social media campaigns within a timeline and budget to meet or exceed ticket sales and campaign objectives for Auckland Live-produced events and experiences.
- Commitment to excellent customer service and an ability to build strong relationships with a range of internal staff, venue clients and suppliers.
- Strong copywriting and proofing skills and the ability to write emotive, engaging copy to sell a range of shows.
- Creative and innovative new ways to attract people to the theatre and engage in the arts.
- Strong understanding of digital and social media marketing principles and trends.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the NZ performing arts industry and live entertainment events.
You will need:
- At least two years’ experience in a marketing/communications campaign role or similar.
- Experience planning and delivering time-lined and budgeted campaigns using a full range of marketing channels.
- Sound administrative and organizational skills including the ability to priorities and manage projects effectively and deal with numerous projects concurrently.
- A strong interest and passion in the arts, as you will be working with artists, promoters, event producers and performing arts organizations.
- An ability to get ‘stuck in’ - tasks will include the management of printed show collateral and the venue signage schedule.
- Ability to establish an easy rapport with people, manage key relationships, and provide support for Auckland Live producers and a range of clients.
- An open and collaborative communication style.
- Tertiary qualification in marketing/communications or equivalent preferred.
- Te reo Māori skills and knowledge desirable.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
A permanent full-time role, working 40 hours Monday to Friday, with the requirement from time to time to undertake work outside of normal office hours to fulfil Auckland Live's marketing needs and support. This is an exciting marketing role in performing arts and events where you can apply your initiative, showcase your multi-tasking skills and strong work ethic, and have a lot of fun.
As part of our Auckland Council Group, you’ll gain access to many benefits and discounts, including discounted financial services and insurance, Auckland Art Gallery membership, entertainment, lifestyle discounts and more. In addition, you’ll be joining a team of dedicated and respected experts working collaboratively across the region to contribute to Auckland’s growth and development. We are committed to diversity and have a culture built on trust and valuing individual and collective contributions.
Come join us and have the satisfaction of knowing you are contributing to Tamaki Makaurau economic growth. Apply now!
Please ensure your Cover Letter outlines your interest in the role and your suitability for the position
Applications close Wednesday 27 October 2021.