The New Zealand Portrait Gallery Te Pūkenga Whakaata is looking for a full time Registrar Administrator (37.5 hrs per week with additional hours by mutual agreement).
We are looking for an energetic and well organised person to become the new Registrar Administrator. This is a key position, providing an exciting opportunity to be part of a small, dedicated team. The position could particularly suit an emerging museum professional.
The Registrar and Gallery Administrator supports the Director in all aspects of the management and administration of the day-to-day operations of running an Art Gallery and looking after the Gallery’s permanent collection, its artistic activities including touring exhibitions, and exhibition changeovers. This is a diverse role in a rewarding and supportive environment.
Our ideal candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification; broad knowledge of New Zealand art history, proven administrative skills and experience of working in a gallery or museum environment.
This role requires some occasional weekend and evening work, flexibility is advantageous.
Essential skills knowledge and experience
- experience of working in a gallery or museum, particularly in collection management
- a broad knowledge and understanding of New Zealand art history and contemporary culture
- proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with people at all levels
- An appreciation for tikanga, te reo and mātauranga Māori
- Excellent computer, administrative, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate with others and promote cross teamwork
- IT Competence and the ability to learn and use a variety of software packages
- Experience with xero, ipayroll or other cloud-based accounting or payroll systems
- Outgoing, confident personality; ability to relate to all individuals and organisations relevant to the NZPG
- self-starter: ability to set priorities, and to find solutions to problems
- ability to think analytically and strategically about issues, and to express ideas clearly
- commitment, enthusiasm and energy
- ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career in the GLAM sector and be part of a vibrant organisation focused on telling the stories of New Zealanders through the art of portraiture.
Applications close Sunday 24 October 2021
How to apply
For a Position Description or to apply for this role email cover letter and cv to – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email - email@example.com
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.