Established motion design and animation generalist
Creature Post is an award-winning creative studio based in Auckland, New Zealand.
We specialise in creativity at the intersection of VFX, 2D/3D animation, experience design, extended reality and public art. We have a reputation for complex problem-solving, high-end post production and unusual creative projects that blend traditional post production techniques with cutting edge media platforms and technology.
We are visual thinkers, compulsive collaborators, image makers, and experience designers who bring creative projects and unusual ideas to life.
About the role
We are looking for a motion design / animation generalist with ambition. This role is vital to our business. You will be a key player in forging exciting change in a new and evolving space within the industry. You will work closely with the creative director, and the rest of our team, to assist the execution of motion projects, often working across multiple jobs at once.
Creature Post is driven by the power of collective thinking and an integrated approach to solving creative problems across a wide range of projects. As part of our team, you will have the confidence to clearly communicate, bring new ideas to the table, and persuasively present concepts to your team or clients. You will thrive on collaboration, and demonstrate a multi-disciplinary approach to creative problem solving, all the while bringing a creative flair to projects that is all your own.
You will demonstrate a solid foundation in post production and motion design, and a desire to work on commercial projects for production companies, agencies and online content, along side experiential campaigns and projection mapping, and public art. You will create content that delivers to client objectives, with a focus on commercial outcomes. In addition, you will venture outside the box, applying your capability and desire to innovate and diverge from the norm, using new and leading creative tools, techniques and platforms.
Benefits and perks
We also offer flexi hours to fit in around family, and may be open to a part time remote office set up.
Centrally located in Grey Lynn, near transport, cafes, public parks.
We work with amazing clients, and are spoilt for interesting and dynamic work. You'll never ever be bored!
There is potential to grow the role in the direction you are most passionate about.
Qualities and experience required
- A minimum of 8 years in a post production environment, ideally NZ advertising agency / post production company or similar environment.
- Strong skills in 2D/3D animation and compositing.
- Software competencies – essential: Adobe creative suite (master of AE essential), C4D or Maya.
- You may have additional software competencies in some - Touch designer, Unreal Engine, Houdini, Notch, Nuke, Flame, Unity.
- You may have some skill in simple offline editing, projection mapping or AR
- The ability to help concept and accurately quote projects and work to timelines
- A team mindset and ability to bring your own flavour and passion to the job and work independently.
- A genuine openness to learn and contribute to Māori and Pasifika projects and an interest in cultural diversity.
- A synergy of creative values, work ethic and a genuine drive to contribute to our growth and ideas-led business.
- You’ll be keen to continue your own personal development and attend all CP live events